Saturday, January 16, 2016

MAE Awards

Favorite Books of 2015

Hello, Dear Readers and Happy January to all of you! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and/or holiday season. Did you do anything special for New Year's? I spent mine with my granddaughter and grandson and we had a great time! Hope yours was as enjoyable.

For the very first time on More Agreeably Engaged, I am listing my favorite books for 2015! I'm so excited to share these with you and have made a special award seal just for the winning books and authors.  I hope you like it even if Colin Firth is not your Darcy of choice. Since my blog title and the drawing I use, depict the scene in the 1995 miniseries where Darcy speaks the line , "My mind was 'more agreeably engaged'", I felt it only fitting that my award seal should bear the same likeness. I do have a few favorite books that are not Austenesque and will list them according to their category but with the same award seal!

My reading time was less in 2015 than it has been in the past few years. I didn't read over 100 books like usual, but I still read quite a few. There are so many good books available now that it makes it difficult to narrow the favorites down to just a few. Of all I read, not one was mediocre or second-rate and I enjoyed each, keeping my mind 'most' agreeably engaged. Several had the same noteworthy premise, but followed completely different paths. I do not have reviews posted for all the winning books but will post links for the ones that I have reviewed.

In the next day or two, I will share with you some of the books on my very long, TBR list. I would love your thoughts on which ones you recommend! I even have a few audible books on the list as I do love those too!

Now, the Envelope, please!



~~~~~~~~~~

Austenesque:  (12)

Favorite Variations:

The Unthinkable Triangle by Joana Starnes





















Ms. Starnes, you have a magical, uncanny way of getting into the head of Fitzwilliam Darcy and exposing his innermost feelings. Your Colonel Fitzwilliam was charming and made this triangle heart-wrenching. I never doubted a happily ever after for Darcy and Elizabeth and truly appreciated your resolution of the dilemma. Well done, Joana Starnes!
(Review coming soon!)

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Sketching Character by Pamela Lynne



















Ms. Lynne, this book is one I treasure. It gave me such a feeling of warmth and happiness as you skillfully tied up all the loose ends for each character. I was mesmerized from the beginning
to the end. Well done, Pamela Lynne.

Review     Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Darcy to the Rescue by Victoria Kincaid




















Ms. Kincaid, your Mr. Darcy was true to canon with his difficulty in expressing himself but your revealing of his inner voice with such wit was delightful! I found myself charmed and laughing at his clever reflections. Well done, Victoria Kincaid

Review     Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Yours Forevermore, Darcy by KaraLynne Mackrory



















Ms. Mackrory, having Mr. Darcy write his thoughts as a letter was brilliant. Not only did it give the reader a chance to 'know him better', it opened the door for those letters to be discovered! Delicious! Thank you for such a delightful novel. Well done, KaraLynne Mackrory.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

An Unwavering Trust by L.L. Diamond

















I found the reason for the arranged marriage in this book to be very different and unique from any I have previously read. Ms. Diamond, your skillful writing made it seem plausible and I loved it. I adored Darcy's Grandmamma and am eager to read her story, The Earl's Conquest,
the prequel to this one! Well done, L.L. Diamond!

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite Alternate Path:

A Peculiar Connection by Jan Hahn


Ms. Hahn, this book is one of my all time favorites. You took a challenging plot and made it real and poignant. I could not stop reading. You have a talent for bringing out the raw emotions of the characters with such depth of feeling that your storytelling is unsurpassed. Well done, Jan Hahn.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~
Favorite Anthology:

One Love - Two Hearts -  Three Stories by J Dawn King

Ms. King, I simply adore the title of your anthology and the three stories included in it! Thank you for sharing, in print, your love for Pride and Prejudice with your readers. I enjoy your work.
Well done, J. Dawn King!

Review     Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~
Favorite Mystery:

The Prosecution of Mr. Dary's Cousin by Regina Jeffers





















Ms. Jeffers, I love all of your books and cozy mysteries. Your writing skills are awesome. Not only do you write a good mystery, your historical accounts are excellent and give credence to your plot. In this mystery you tackled a true-to-life problem with finesse and realism.  I loved seeing Darcy and Elizabeth work together to solve the puzzle involving Colonel Fitzwilliam. Well done, Regina Jeffers.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~
Favorite Contemporary:

Denial of Conscience by Cat Gardiner


Ms. Gardiner, this novel intrigued me from my first knowledge of it. I could see a modern day Darcy as you portrayed him - a precision machine when it came to his profession but vulnerable, as a man. He and the Obsidian team were fabulous as was this fast paced book! It was an unusual premise for our couple but you brought it together perfectly! Well done, Cat Gardiner.

Review     Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

 Favorite Minor Character:


Colonel Fitzwilliam and The Countess of Sainte Toulours by Stanley Michael Hurd





















I was so excited to read this book by you, Mr. Hurd. It was everything and more than I expected. Your Colonel Fitzwilliam was wonderful and lovable and his tale was exceptional. Your writing skills are superb and you have captured the essence and style of Jane Austen. (I loved Esparza and wouldn't mind a story about him!) Well done, Stanley Michael Hurd.

Review     Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite Christmas Novella:

Darcy's Christmas Wish by Penelope Swan





















I loved getting to meet a young Fitzwilliam Darcy visiting Rosings with his parents. After an accident he makes a wish that is the premise of this heartwarming story. This is a perfect read
for the holidays or anytime. Well done, Penelope Swan.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite Debut Author/Book:

Suddenly Mrs. Darcy by Jenetta James



















The novel involves a compromise of Elizabeth by none other than Mr. Darcy. Of course, it was a misunderstanding, but Darcy didn't mind at all. The story was captivating
and I look forward to more from this author. Well done, Jenetta James.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Audiobooks:  (3)

This category is for audible books and I am going to do it a bit different than the category for regular books. Although my first choice was actually published in mid-2014, I was unaware of it as an audible until 2015. I actually thought it was a 2015 release so decided to go ahead and include it in the winning category. I hope you will forgive me this one indulgence. 

When I draw pictures, it is a perfect time to listen to audible books. I cannot easily watch TV and draw at the same time so I have found this new venue to be perfect for me. I have had the privilege of listening to many good books while working on my art. It makes for a delightful way to spend my time doing two things that I love, drawing and reading.
Most of the books that I have heard, were actually published in years past.
I plan to review some of them on my blog throughout 2016.

Favorite Audiobook Paranormal:

The Gypsy Blessing by Wendi Sotis, narrated by Veronica Leckie


I loved this audible and found the premise engaging. The connection between the gypsy, Elizabeth and the drawings was fascinating and kept me anticipating the outcome. I like your writing style, Ms. Sotis. I will be listening to this one again. The narrator did a fine job, too. Well done, Wendi Sotis.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite Audiobook Novella:


Snow Storms and Kissing Games by Sarah Johnson, narrated by Sophie Andrews




















The recitation by Miss Sophie Andrews of Sarah Johnson's fun novella made for an exceptional listening experience. I have already listened to it twice and know I will be doing so again. The snow storm set the stage for an interesting set of events and Sophie's voice made the story come alive.
Good writing and good narration! Well done, ladies.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite Audiobook Christmas Story:

The Mission: He Taught Me to Hope Christmas Vignette by P. O. Dixon, narrated by Pearl Hewitt




















Book One in this series is one of my very favorite books by Ms. Dixon. Young Ben is adorable and Darcy is awesome. The interaction of the two was moving and showed a different side of Darcy. This Christmas vignette was a wonderful way to continue the story of Book One. Now I cannot wait to read the third book. Well done, P. O. Dixon.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~


Non-Austenesque:  (4)

The last section is for books that are not based on Pride and Prejudice.  If you have not had a chance to read any of these, I highly recommend them.

Favorite Children's Book:

Brighty's Special Gift by Dee Wallain




















This was such a sweet parable with a good lesson about bullying. It is good for children of all ages. It has many features that aid the parent in making the reading time more enjoyable
and helpful for the children. Well done, Dee Wallain.

Review     Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite North & South Variation:

No Such Thing as Luck by Nicole Clarkston




















Ms. Clarkston, I loved this book! I have been searching for and reading anything I could find of North and South variations or re-tellings. I have read several that were good but yours touched my heart. You did the characters justice and the story was superb. I hope you will be writing another. 
Well done, Nicole Clarkston.
(Review coming soon)

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite Regency Era:

Poldark: Ross Poldark by Winston Graham






















Reading this book and viewing the television miniseries was awesome. I loved the miniseries, but found the book to be even better. It didn't hurt having a visual of Aidan Turner as Ross Poldark
as I read either! I cannot wait for the return of the series and reading the rest
of the books that continue this magnificent story.

Review     Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite Paranormal:


Days of Future Past by Sally Smith O'Rourke





















Ms. O'Rourke, thank you for the privilege or reading this book before it was published and then the edited version after its release. I found your premise both thought-provoking and entertaining.
Your writing captured my imagination, as usual, and I was mesmerized.
Well done, Sally Smith O'Rourke.

Review     Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~


Honorable Mention:  (7)   

Mr. Darcy's Rival by Kara Louise       


As always, your books are wonderful, Kara Louise, this one included! It did not disappoint. I found the rival intriguing and Anne's talent at writing gratifying. I liked her.
Thank you for continuing to share your special talent of writing. 
Well done, Kara Louise.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

The Darcy Brother's by Monica Fairview, Maria Grace, Cassandra Grafton, Susan Mason-Milks, and Abigail Reynolds


What a fun collaborative effort by five fabulous authors. It was delightful to see the relationship between Darcy and his brother, Theo, and witness their reconciliation. I love Theo Darcy! 
Enough said! Well done, ladies.

Review     Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Darcy's Ultimatum by Jennifer Joy


Jennifer, this was such a great debut novel for you. You definitely are following in your mother's footsteps. I love your writing and cannot wait to read more of your work. Well done, Jennifer Joy.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

The Persuasion of Miss Jane Austen by Shannon Winslow


The parallel between Jane Austen's 'possible' life and her novel Persuasion made for a fascinating and plausible read. This story of a different outcome for dear Jane was inspiring
and thought provoking! Well done, Shannon Winslow.

Review     Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Inspired by Grace by Jeanna Ellsworth


Jeanna, your debut into Regency romance was truly inspired. I loved your book and your cover. You are a gifted writer with an ability to subtly deliver a message. Well done, Jeanna Ellsworth.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

A Sense of Obligation by Rose Fairbanks


Rose, this book took a turn that I was not expecting but readily enjoyed. It was well-written and the premise had a pleasant change. I loved your Mr. Darcy and could hardly wait for him to discover
the truth of the matter. Well done, Rose Fairbanks.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

Pride and Proposals by Victoria Kincaid


Ms. Kincaid, you wrote a great love triangle in this novel. It was difficult at times to see Darcy suffer but I felt confident that he would have his happily ever after. I like your style of writing
and the diverse approach to the theme of your stories. Well done, Victoria Kincaid.

Amazon     Goodreads
~~~~~~~~~~

I would love to hear your thoughts on any of these books. Have you read many of them? If not, I highly recommend each and every one. Do you have suggestions you would like to share?
If so, I would love to hear them.

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my favorites with me. It has been nice to tell you a bit about my choices. It was difficult narrowing my list down to these few as I did enjoy all that I read. I will be posting reviews for a few of the winning novels within the next few days as well as posting my list of books to be read in 2016. As I already mentioned, it is a rather lengthy list
so I best get busy reading and/or listening! :)

Happy New Year and I look forward, with pleasure, to our time shared in 2016 as we are
'more agreeably engaged' with the joys of extensive reading! 

59 comments:

  1. Great list Janet! I love seeing your take on these choices. I've read almost all of these and can understand why you loved them too! A job well done and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claudine. I'm so glad that you stopped by. It was fun compiling this list of favorites and reliving bits of them. Glad to hear that you have read most of them.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you Janet.

    I've read/listened to 12 of the 26 books listed. For four of them, I also had the immense privilege of being a beta reader, so it's especially good to see them up there in lights.

    Did you know that the Poldark novels are also available from Audible? At least the first two of Jennifer's Cousin's series are also out in that format. I'm currently listening to the second one of those.

    Of the rest, they're either on my Wish List or the humungous TBR/TBL lists that I have. I'm taking part in Sophia Rose's TBR challenge on Goodreads this year as an incentive to try to make a dent in these lists and to be more conscientious in reviewing as I go.

    Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic, Anji. It is great when you have been a beta!

      I did not know that Poldark was available from Audible. I will have to check in to those.

      That is a good idea to take the reading challenge. I did one that Laurel Ann had and that is how my blog came into existence. I needed a place to post my reviews and I had been thinking of starting a blog, so here I am!

      My reading list is huge too! I hope to make a dent this year!

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a great selection, Janet! Like you, my reading time took a big hit in 2015 so I am glad to see recommendations of things I should bump up my TBR. the less reading time you have, the more keen you are to try and ensure that the books will be ones you really enjoy. I hope that 2016 brings you lots of good reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely, Ceri. I am becoming more selective with books and what appeals to my tastes. Since we have more to choose from now than when I first started reading JAFF, that is nicer too. There are many that sound like something I want to read, but time has been such a factor that they have had to wait...thus the long list!

      I hope you get to read more for 2016 too. Are you all healed and back to normal?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! The two you edited as well as Beau North's are on my TBR list! Wish I could have gotten to them last year!

      Delete
  5. Dear Janet, thank you for including Sketching Character among such great books. I am over the moon happy that you liked it so much. I have read and immensely enjoyed Denial of Conscience, Joy King's anthology and A Sense of Obligation. Joana and Victoria are on the top of my TBR pile. You've made me even more anxious to pick up their books. Thank you for all you do for our community of authors and readers. I hope your 2016 is as lovely and amazing as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was never a doubt about yours being included! As you know, I loved it! I hope you get a chance to read Joana's and Victoria's soon. I bet you will enjoy them.

      Thank you for the kind words. It is my absolute pleasure. Thanks to each of you authors who share your talent with us and give us many hours of reading time, allowing us to live in another world for a little while.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful list, Janet! Thank you for including me in Honorable Mentions :) Congratulations to these amazing authors and their fabulous stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer Joy. I hope to be reading more of yours this year. I did not get the chance in 2015. Will you be releasing more in 2016?

      Delete
  7. My sincerest thanks for including One Love - Two Hearts - Three Stories as one of your favorites. The company I am keeping is excellent. Congratulations to all those who have been chosen by you, Janet. (Especially to a particular Honorable Mention)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Joy! The stories in your anthology were delightful! I agree that you are in good company and I thought you would like one, in particular! :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for choosing An Unwavering Trust! You've made my week! My husband has just stopped hearing me say "5 stars" and now he's going to have to endure me randomly telling him I made a favourites list. How he suffers! Mwah ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter was afraid I would delete the Mwah ha ha and posted my comment before I could congratulate the other authors listed. Congratulations everyone!

      Delete
    2. I am so pleased to hear I made your week! I truly enjoyed the way you set up the arranged marriage! That was an awesome idea! Cannot wait to read more about Grandmamma. She was such a charming character. You did her proud! :)

      Delete
  9. Janet, Thank you so much for making Mr. Darcy to the Rescue a favorite variation and giving Pride and Proposals an honorable mention. I am honored to be included!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know from my review, Mr. Darcy to the Rescue was a favorite. You come up with some different and intriguing premises for your books and I think that is probably getting more difficult. I also loved the approach of your first book! Keep them coming!

      Delete
  10. Dear Janet, Thank you very much for mentioning Suddenly Mrs Darcy in your list - I am very honoured & it is a lovely treat for this cold January. Happy reading in 2016! Jenetta:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenetta, you are welcome. Your book was refreshingly different and your Mr. Darcy was awesome. Glad this was a nice treat for you on a cold January day! Did I just see you will have a new book out soon?

      Delete
    2. Yes! Coming in the summer, The Elizabeth Papers.... more information soon:-)

      Delete
    3. Yay! I'm thrilled to hear it, Jenetta!

      Delete
  11. So pleased to see The Darcy Brothers on your list, Janet! It was a lovely surprise. Lots of books on your list are going in my TBR pile. Congratulations to everyone who made it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monica! The Darcy Brothers was a great collaboration of five great authors! It was fun and serious at times. I loved how the siblings and cousins conspired to help!

      Delete
  12. Thrilled to see A Peculiar Connection among your favorite books for 2015! And having Darcy's dear face on your beautiful seal is an added bonus. Thank you so much, Janet, and congratulations to the other excellent writers on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear you are thrilled, Jan. Your book is definitely a favorite of 2015 and all time, as are the rest of yours.

      Now I am thrilled that you like my seal! I had a fun time making it!:)

      Hope you have something new for us soon!

      Delete
  13. What a lovely surprise, finding that The Persuasion of Miss Jane Austen received an award from you, Janet! I needed a little pick-me-up today after my beloved Seahawks were eliminated from the playoffs earlier. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that the timing was good! :) Sorry about the Seahawks but delighted this was a pleasant surprise.

      Your imagination is awesome and gave us much to ponder in this fascinating tale of what 'could' have happened! The ending was memorable!

      Delete
  14. Thank you so much for including Days of Future Past in your awesome list. I feel particularly privileged since it is one of only two non-austenesque offerings (in league with Poldark? unbelievable). Thanks again for being one of my most ardent supporters for my little Austenesque and non-Austen works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most certainly a supporter of your work. It is a pleasure to read your books. Thank you and I hope you have some in the works!

      Delete
  15. I am SO flattered, Janet! Thank you for including Denial of Conscience among such incredibly talented authors and friends. What an honor! The seal you made is so beautiful! Congratulations to all the lovely ladies included in your favorites list. Thank you again! Hugs, Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm flattered that you like the seal! Thank you! Denial of Conscience is an exceptional book on all accounts.

      Delete
  16. I have read all but three of these! Wow. Quite a list! I have not read the North and South one and must check it out as I love that story (the book and the movie).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have done well, Sheila! Pleased to hear that you have read most of them. You definitely need to read NO SUCH THING AS LUCK. I love the movie too and the Elizabeth Gaskell's book. I have read several good N&S fanfiction books but this one was tops for me. Now I am anxious to read the P&P variation by this same author. I wish there would be more good N&S variations written. I think there would be much interest.

      Delete
  17. I am always curious to see everyone's favorites lists and comparing them to my own. I counted off several of the same here and many that are on my must read pile. Love that you took the time to explain why, too.

    Hope you get back to your reading stride in 2016 and the many good books coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted that you enjoyed my reasons for choosing each book. It was pleasant to go back over each in my mind while doing it.

      I plan to read your stories in 2016. Haven't had the chance to read those books yet but they are on my list. Will you be writing a book or more short stories? I'm hearing good things about your work.

      Delete
  18. Wow - I feel so honoured to be chosen as your Christmas favourite! :-) Thank you, Janet, for mentioning my book and I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. Congratulations to all the other winners!

    Best wishes,
    Penelope Swan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear, Penelope. I thought is was a lovely and well developed novella. It was endearing to see Darcy as a young boy in the beginning and to read about his 'accidental' encounter!

      Delete
  19. I am delighted that The Mission: He Taught me to Hope Christmas Vignette was chosen as your favorite Audible Christmas story, Janet. I love knowing you're an ardent fan of the series. A thousand thanks!

    Many congrats to all of the wonderfully talented 2015 MAE award recipients

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I have had the wonderful listening pleasure to hear many of your good novels. Had I listened to more that were released last year, they would surely have made the list too. I haven't had the chance to read some of your latest books but they are on my TBR list as well. I will post that list, hopefully, next week!

      Yes, the series is one of my favorites! :)

      Delete
  20. Wow! Thank you so much for including The Gypsy Blessing audiobook in your awards! I'm honored! Love the award graphic :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Wendi. It was an awesome book! I couldn't wait to see what each drawing would show or change. Fantastic idea!

      I'm also honored that you love the award graphic! Thank you so much!

      Did I see that you will be having a more audible books coming out in 2016 or am I just wishing? lol

      Delete
    2. I've been trying to find narrators, but I think the books are too long to attract anyone. I tried to narrate myself, but it just didn't work out. It's tough work! I'll try listing them again soon - maybe it was just bad timing. Thanks for your interest :-)

      Delete
  21. Thanks so much for the honorable mention! I'm flattered to be on a list with so many other great books! I've read quite a few of these and have several to add to my list now. Hope you have a good 2016 with fantastic reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope to have more reading time in 2016. There are so many good books available and several of them are yours! I have them on my list too! Glad to know you have read quite a few on my winner's list!

      Delete
  22. I am now half way through it. Have you read Pack Clouds Away by Lucy? It is a sequel and has the most tender and gentle wedding night I have ever read. Just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know your thoughts when you finish it. I have not heard of the one you mentioned. I will have to look for it. Thank you for telling me about it.

      Delete
    2. I finished that book and posted a review on both Amazon and Goodreads.

      Delete
  23. This comment was left after a review I posted on Amazon of North & South. I went to that and shared it with Joy Dawn King...we both loved the story.
    As for a sequel to the story, there's a very well-written continuation to the book at C19.proboards.com entitled "Pack Clouds Away." It's not available for sale.

    http://c19.proboards.com/board/353/pack-clouds-away-lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Went there and signed up. I found the story but haven't started reading it yet. Will try to start it in the next few days. Thanks so much for telling me about it.

      Is the comment you mentioned about the Pack Clouds Away by Lucy or is there another book and I am missing something?

      Delete
    2. The comment was left by a person who read my review on Amazon of North and South in which I lamented the lack of a sequel by the author. The comment directed me to Pack Clouds away.

      Delete
  24. I've read 18 of the books on your list and I agree that all of them are outstanding. What a talented group of writers we have to choose from in JAFF and I for one am so thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful too. Thanks for stopping by and telling me your thoughts.

      Delete
  25. Janet, even though I am late to the party, I do want to thank you so very much for having included Colonel Fitzwilliam among your honorees. My excuse for having been so slow to reply is that my computer crashed last week and I almost lost my two WIPs. That catastrophe was avoided, narrowly, but it has put me behind. Thanks again, and have a great 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never to late to join the party, Stan. Thanks for stopping by. To have a computer crash is disastrous in and of itself BUT to nearly lose two WIPs, well, that is almost enough to 'make a grown man cry'! :) Glad the catastrophe was avoided. Now I am anxious for these WIPs to be finished books.

      Hope you have a great 2016, too, and you are welcome. I loved the book and the new characters as well as the originals.

      Delete
  26. Jenetta, you are publishing in the summer? Can't wait. I am sure it will be fantastic. I have read the first one twice already.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Janet, I am so thrilled and humbled to see my first book No Such Thing as Luck, listed here with all of these others I have loved! I wrote the book to please myself because I absolutely love Gaskell's story, but I am always awed when others enjoy it as well. Thank you for bringing my attention to your wonderful blog! This is a perfect place to hang out for an hour or a day or three. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great selection of praiseworthy books,Janet. Have read quite a lot of them and have noted some to be put on my TBR list. I guess Northern Rain will feature in this year's list!! Well deserved,if it does!

    ReplyDelete